Helpful resources to update your information during a move


Moving & Address Changes

Within 60 days of moving to North Carolina or moving within the state, an individual must:
Change their address with the N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles
Get a new or duplicate license or ID as well as a new or duplicate vehicle registration
Residents moving outside North Carolina must surrender their North Carolina license and license plate upon establishing a new permanent residence.
Click the link below for help if you are moving to N.C., moving within N.C. or moving outside of the state.

How to Change Your Voting Address

North Carolina allows residents to register by mail, not online.

N.C. Voter Registration Application

Start Early When Transferring Your Utilities

Schedule to disconnect or transfer all utilities:

  • Electric
  • Water
  • Gas
  • Trash Service
  • Internet
  • Cable

Safety: Preventing Heat Stress & Heat Exhaustion

With the hot summer season coming on it is important that we take a look at what heat can do to the body. You probably know how draining working in too much heat can be. But if the heat and humidity are very high there is danger of heat cramps, heat exhaustion or heat stroke. This is most likely to occur when the temperature is over 90° F or more. First aid for heat cramps and exhaustion can make the person much more comfortable, and able to return to normal activities more quickly. First aid for heat stoke can save a persons life.

By following a few simple steps you can help prevent over heating of the body. First, wear light breathable clothing and a hat to keep from getting overexposure from the sun. Sunglasses are also helpful when out in the sun all day. Second, drink water, and lots of it. While working in the heat you should drink at least a glass of water every 15 to 20 minutes. This works out to a gallon or so of water a day. Your body can loose as much as 3 gallons of water per day. Third, take breaks when you feel exhausted or overheated.

If you or someone you work with has some of the signs for heat stress (profuse sweating, clammy, flushed or pale skin, dizziness, weakness, nausea, rapid and shallow breathing, headache, vomiting, or fainting) it is important that you act quickly. First, move to a cool place and lay or sit down; second, drink cool water (you may add 1 teaspoon of salt per liter of water); third, fan the victim and loosen any tight clothing to improve circulation. Wait until symptoms are gone before returning to work.

If fainting or vomiting occur, or if the victim is delirious and feels hot and clammy to the touch, this may be a sign of heat stroke. First aid for heat stroke begins with cooling the person immediately. Pour cool water or ice packs on the victim, and get medical attention immediately. 20% of all heat stroke victims suffer permanent brain damage when proper medical attention is not delivered. Do not try to give the person water if they are vomiting or unconscious. Keep the victim calm and maintain their breathing until the paramedics arrive.

Too much heat can make people lose their concentration, get tired, or short tempered. Understanding how to deal with heat stress can help you avoid accidents and misunderstandings. Extreme heat can be bad for your health, so learning first aid for heat stress can be important to your health and well being.

To speak to a relocation specialist about a local or long distance move, give us a call for a free estimate at 1-866-392-5422 or check out our website at for additional information.

#MovingTipMonday #AMSA #CoastalCarrier #ProMover #Movers #Hydrate #Safety #CoolDown


Hurricane Florence Recovery

Carolina Strong!!! We are beyond grateful for the heroic acts of first responders who continue to risk everything to help our community.

Our thoughts & prayers are with everyone in the area working on repairs and recovery after Hurricane Florence. We will rebuild & recover together!

Coastal Carrier Moving & Storage has several trucks running to aid in local recovery efforts. Although, we are not back to 100% operational, we have trucks & crews working in areas that are accessible. To arrange a move you can contact us at or call us at 1-866-392-5422.

Check out some helpful resources and tips on recovering from the aftermath of Hurricane Florence below.

To get FREE removal of trees, installation of tarps on roofs, etc. call NOW 800-451-1954

Homeless, Hungry, Stranded OR NOT SURE where to turn, call 211- Information Referral Service.

Post Hurricane: how to best deal with FEMA, Homeowners Insurance, NO INSURANCE, Flood Insurance etc, go to web: SBP – Hurricane Florence response

SBP is a national disaster resilience and recovery nonprofit whose mission is to shrink the time between disaster and recovery.

will offer Meals Ready to Eat (MREs), water and tarps to residents starting Wed, operating daily from 7 am to 7 pm.

North POD – Formerly The Rock Church now College Park Elementary School at 5301 Sidbury Road, Castle Hayne NC 28429

Central POD – CFCC Downtown Main Campus
700 N. Front Street, Wilmington, NC 28401.

South POD – Veteran’s Park – 840 Halyburton Memorial Parkway, Wilmington, NC 28412

If you can volunteer, please open this link and select your date and time.

Cape Fear Volunteer Center – Hurricane Florence Relief


Please refer to NC DOT for all information about state road conditions and the safest routes into the Cape Fear region. Road conditions are changing day to day, if you must be out on the roads, make sure safety comes first.

North Carolina Department of Transportation


People with life-threatening emergencies should call 911.
New Hanover County: or call (910) 798-6800
Brunswick County: or call (910) 253-5383
Pender County:

New Hanover County residents from questions about anything that is not an emergency, including what to do if you are running out of medication, who to call if you have a tree blocking your driveway or on your home or even where to find mental health resources, can call the (910) 798-6800 number.


Reporting downed trees/flooding within Wilmington City limits

To report trees or tree limbs blocking roadways within city limits call: (910) 341-7852 (leave a message if no one answers)
To report flooding or other stormwater issues within city limits call: (910) 341-4646 (leave a message if no one answers)


Before returning home, survivors should make a cleanup kit that includes rubber gloves, cleaning products, bleach, sponges, goggles, spatula, rubber boots, odor-control products, trash bags, hydrogen peroxide, adhesive bandages, antibiotic ointments and work towels.

Survivors should read these tips for staying safe BEFORE beginning the clean-up process.

Take precautions when returning home


If and when individual or public assistance money is approved for Hurricane Florence, it will be displayed here: FEMA – North Carolina Hurricane Florence

Survivors can register online with FEMA at or via smartphone at Applicants may also call 1-800-621-3362 or (TTY) 1-800-462-7585. For 711 Relay or Video Relay Services call 1-800-621-3362. The toll-free telephone numbers are open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week.

Mold Removal Guidelines

A flood-damaged home needs special care to remove mold safely and effectively. Mold begins to grow on materials that stay wet longer than two or three days. The longer mold grows, the greater the health hazard and the harder it is to control. So, as soon as it is safe to return, don’t delay cleanup and dry out.


Newer EntriesOlder Entries
Get A Free Estimate
Fill out the form or call 866-392-5422 to get your free moving estimate in one business day!
Moving From
Moving To

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.